Welcome to our Church
- Established and nurtured other congregations and Preaching Posts throughout the New York metropolis.
- The church has acquired it's own building with central air-conditioning and heating systems among other facilities.
- Installation of new elevator for ease of accessing it's three floors. the Session has successfully renovated the first floor for use as administrative offices for the New York District and the North America/ Australia Presbytery.
God bless you.
Frontview of Church facility
Renovation of Santuary
“To uphold the Centrality of the Word of God and through the enablement of the Holy Spirit, pursue a holistic ministry, so as to bring all of creation to glorify God”
(a) mobilizing the entire church for prayer.
(b) Improving church growth through evangelism and nurture.
(c) Attaining self-sufficiency through effective resource mobilization.
(d) Promoting socio-economic development through advocacy and effective delivery of social service
(e) Upholding the Reformed Tradition
(f) Cherishing partnership with worldwide body of Christ.
- The Centrality of the Word of God
- Upholding Democratic Principles
- Godly Leadership and Skills Development
- Sound Moral Principle
- Upholding Democratic Principles.
Roll of Ministers
- Rev. Dr. Francis Kumi Dwamena
- Rev. Yaw Asiedu
- Rev. Barimah Appiah-Dankwa
- Rev. Dr. Nana Yaw Amponsah Antwi
- Rev. Dr. William Ofosu-Addo (Current)
Our mission is to evangelize the Gospel of Christ through personal contacts, the media and every possible means to expand the Church. The PCG-Manhattan website serves as a viable tool for disseminating information. The church, also, maintains cordial relationships with the various Ghanaian Associations and periodically representatives visit the groups during their meetings to extend invitations to them to fellowship with us. The focus of our annual picnic is to fellowship with other Churches and the Ghanaian Community in general to win souls.
Outreach and Special Programs
- PCG in New York is member of the Harlem Council of Presbyterian Churches and participates in yearly Lenten services and other activities. We won all the Bible Bowl Competitions held during the past three Lenten seasons.
- We hold annual Health Fairs and currently have Nutrition and Health Awareness Program made possible by partnerships of the Bronx Family Outreach Program, Harlem Hospital, Mt. Sinai Hospital, and NYU Hospital, all in New York City. The National Council of Ghanaian Associations also uses our premises to hold health fairs.
- The church has a Medical Alert Team which responds to medical emergencies during services. T
- A Media and Technology Ministry which covers church activities for publicity and future reference has been established. The unit has just set up a website for the church.
- The church hosted a “Legal Clinic” in the summer of 2009. The clinic was sponsored by the National Council of Ghanaian Associations. This is going to be an ongoing service to the Ghanaian community where free legal advice is given.
The church is committed to the nurturing and education of the Children and Youth. The Church provides opportunities for the Youth to engage in leadership programs to adequately prepare them to take up responsible roles in the church. This has empowered the Youth to be very active in the Church.
They organize workshops, seminars, retreats on their own, and have services each Sunday from 2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. prior to the regular service which starts at 3:30 p.m.
February is designated as “Youth Month”. Each year the youth organize well-orchestrated activities and involve Youth from various churches. In addition they are an invaluable part of the adult Sunday services.